Care Home Physiotherapy Services
“We believe that every Care Home should have regular access to physiotherapy services”
The Caring Physio provides specialist services for care homes. Our experience working in this sector has highlighted the enormous benefits our physiotherapy services bring to enhancing the quality of people’s lives and improving the quality of their care.
We consider ourselves to be leading specialists in this field and have a team of highly knowledgeable and compassionate physiotherapists who passionately want to improve the standards of care in care homes.
Never before has physiotherapy been needed more in care homes after the devastating impact of COVID 19 on people’s physical and mental decline. Many residents have deteriorated due to the lack of physical and mental stimulation the pandemic has created.
What are the benefits of Physiotherapy in care Homes?
Our physiotherapy service has many advantages for the residents and families, the managers and the staff.
For the residents:
– You move more. We provide mobility assessments and build an exercise plan for you to help you remain mobile.
– We help you recover. If you have had a fall,a fracture or an illness, we make sure you have enough support to regain your confidence and independence with physiotherapy.
– We run group exercise classes so that we include everyone in doing regular physical exercise.
– Equipment suggestions. We suggest the right equipment for you, we suggest the right chair/wheelchair for your comfort, we can find you the right walking aid to keep you walking.
For the families:
– You can rest assured that your relative is being treated like you would and will have access to physiotherapy, helping them remain mobile, managing their pain and improving their quality of life by improving their independence.
“ My dad was stuck in his room after a fractured spine and had lost his power in his legs. The Caring Physio helped get dad walking back to the dining room and then got us a wheelchair and an outdoor walker. Now we can take dad out into the garden, which he loves when the weather is good”
For the care home:
– We can provide extra staff training and equipment suggestions, improving the quality of care for the residents.
– Providing regular physiotherapy for your residents helps improve the home’s reputation and adds value to your service.
– We can assist you with your falls reduction and moving and handling policies and CQC inspection reports.
Common concerns we can help you with
Are you concerned about your relatives and think they can do more for themselves? Has your relative had a fall and is recovering from a fracture and been told they have no “rehab potential”? Are you worried that your relative stays in bed all the time and want to know if there is a suitable chair that will mean they can be taken out of their room? Are you a care home thinking about investing in a regular physiotherapy service as you are concerned with the number of residents using the hoist and losing their independence? Are you concerned with the number of staff that are off on sick leave due to challenging moving and handling practices? The Caring Physio provides 3 services in care homes:
Set Hours Working
1) We provide set hours working for the care home aiming to see as many residents as possible within that time and assisting the care home to improve their standards of care.
Self Funding Patients
2) We can see self funding private residents who want personalised physiotherapy in their care home.
3) We can offer Respite Physiotherapy packages where we provide intensive physiotherapy in any care home in areas we cover. This is typically a short stay of around 6 weeks to help you recover from a fractured hip or other illness, with the intention of you returning home with greater independence. We have good relationships with a number of individual care homes and care home groups. See Lottie.org for more information.
What Our Patients Say
Here is what other people like you are saying about The Caring Physio
"I just wanted to say that you have been exceptional in every way in supporting me through the trauma and helping me progress. Your technical knowledge and your ability to empathise and motivate, in my view, are really outstanding and I'm very grateful. I've given your number to a friend of mine"
"Fantastic experience in dealing with The Caring Physio. Will provided the utmost care and attention to my elderly Mother-in-law in her own home. She very much looked forward to her sessions (despite the physical work involved) and was quite sad to be signed off! I would heartily recommend The Caring Physio"
"The Caring Physio looked after my autistic son following major back surgery earlier this year. Thanks to help from Will my son is making an excellent recovery by following the advice and exercises Will prescribed. I can whole heartedly recommend the Caring Physio and will be using him again if needed".
"So aptly named... Will uses his expertise to treat the condition, but adds his care, compassion, empathy and integrity to treat the person too. The caring physio cares".
We cover Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Warwickshire, Surrey and the surrounding areas.